1. Processing of your personal data
- For the purpose of applying to higher education institutions, exposing you to study abroad opportunities and higher education institutions branding (the “Purposes”), Kastu International, Gedimino pr. 28/2, Vilnius, Lithuania, will collect and process personal data about you.
- Below you will find a description of the personal data, which Kastu will process about you as well as the purpose and on which legal ground Kastu is processing the personal data.
2. Legitimate interest and contractual relationship
Kastu processes your personal data that you have submitted or will submit online in order to a) provide you with the services set out in the terms and conditions which were provided to you when you initially created your profile, and b) to fulfil other contractual relationship with you. Your personal data is processed for the purpose of legitimate interests of Kastu pursuant to article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and it is assessed that Kastu interest in processing the personal data overrides your interests in not having your personal data being processed. The legitimate interests of processing your personal data are:
- to present your profile and application form to higher education institutions or other online application systems (including, but not limited to UCAS in the United Kingdom, Studielink in the Netherlands, Optagelse in Denmark) in order to submit applications for admission to the higher education institutions of your choice on your behalf;
- to administer your application process and follow up your application situation;
- to administer your profile and application form at Kastu;
- to request and receive information on your enrolment (including examinations) from the higher education institutions of your choice;
- to provide you with information on education opportunities relevant to you to advance your education;
- to provide you with information on job opportunities relevant to you to advance your career;
- to conduct statistics and reports and historical overviews to understand education trends;
- to share your e-mail address with other students who are accepted (receive acceptance letter) to the same higher education institution in order, you could contact and meet each other before going to study abroad.
Kastu can processes the following personal data about you for the above-mentioned purposes:
- Contact information, including name, e-mail, phone number, address etc.;
- Information about your education, working experience, CV, language skills, activities, stays abroad, references, letters of motivation;
- Documents, including passport/ID card, transcript of records, graduation diploma, diploma of achievements etc.;
- Your Kastu profile, including gender, nationality, citizenship, country and city of birth, date of birth, photo, Kastu inbox e-mails, tasks etc.
3. Confidentiality and information about Kastu processing of your personal data
- All data will be treated as confidential information and will only be used for the purpose as set out in clause 1.
- Your personal data will be stored by Kastu, Kastu IT hosting provider, Kastu IT services providers and may be accessed by Kastu group entities worldwide on a need to know basis.
- When you sign up, disclose your personal data to Kastu and submit your application form to particular higher education institutions, Kastu will disclose your data to higher education institutions and national application portals that match your preferences stated in your application form for the purpose set out in section 2.1. (a) and (b). You can at any moment withdraw your application form so the above-mentioned cannot access your data.
- Please be informed that the level of data protection as currently applied and enforced in countries outside the European Union does not conform to the level of data protection for personal data currently applied and enforced within the European Union.
- Kastu may engage third party service providers that will have access to and process your personal data. If such third party services providers process your personal data outside of the EU/EEA, such transfer of personal data will either be subject to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses.
- Kastu will keep your personal data for 5 years or as long as needed in order to conduct statistics and historical overviews and to administer your profile at Kastu, unless Kastu is required under applicable law to delete it or keep your personal data for a longer period.
- Kastu will analyse your behaviour and personal data, including registering your competencies and educational background, in order to match your profile with the most relevant education opportunities.
4. Your rights
- You can obtain further information on the personal data which Kastu stores and processes about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, you may object to your personal data being processed, request that your personal data is rectified or restrict the processing of your personal data. If you wish to object to your personal data being processed, have your data rectified or restrict the processing of your personal data, please contact email@example.com with this message. Further, if you have any complaints about Kastu processing of your personal data, you may contact the Lithuanian Data Protection Agency.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If technically feasible, you may request that the personal data is transmitted directly to another company or person acting as a data controller.
- If you are no longer interested in being exposed to higher education institutions and receiving information on study abroad opportunities, please notify Kastu and we will delete your profile with all data.