Economics and Management
The two-year MSc programme in Economics and Management gives students an in-depth familiarity with a range of economics and management disciplines. The programme is flexible, so that students can can specialise in a specific field or a combination of economics and management.
Students on the programme are based at the Department of Economics and Business. The department is renowned for setting high academic standards, and the department engages in close collaboration with many leading international researchers, including Nobel Laureates Dale T. Mortensen and Robert F. Engle. The department’s outstanding research environment includes the Center for Research in Econometric Analysis of Time Series (CREATES), where Nobel laureate Robert F. Engle serves as member of the advisory board.
The academic environment at the department is characterized by international diversity: more than one-third both of faculty members and PhD students have an international background. The international atmosphere provides the basis for an enriched and exciting student life.
Į magistro studijų programas gali stoti visi, baigę universitetą arba besimokantys paskutiniame kurse. Studijos kurias baigei ar tebesimokai turi būti panašios krypties kaip ir tos, į kurias nori stoti, kadangi priėmimas yra paremtas ECTS kreditų suderinamumu.
ECTS kreditų išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs aukštosios mokyklos, būtina prisegti ECTS kreditų išrašą, kuriame būtų matyti, kokius dalykus Tu mokeisi bei kokius pažymius ir kiek kreditų už juos gavai. Kai siunti anketą paskutiniame kurse, diplomą reikia prisegti vėliau, kai tik jį gausi.
Bakalauro diplomas – jei jau esi baigęs aukštąją mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie anketos prisegti savo Bakalauro diplomą.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 83 . Aarhus universiteto TOEFL kodas yra 8935.
Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Management, general Business Administration, Mathematical Economics or similar.
Along with the application the applicant must upload:
- Course descriptions in English briefly describing the contents of the applicant's specific BA courses or other information that will contribute to describing the contents of the applicant's Bachelor's degree programme (may be translated by the applicant, but certified by the applicant's university).
- Official descriptions of relevant courses to be completed after the application deadline.
- An official description of the marking scale used at the applicant's home university.
Economics and Management graduates are in very high demand in the job market. Many graduates achieve top executive positions in the corporate world (e.g. financial institutions and consulting firms) or management advisory positions in the public sector (e.g. ministries and local authorities).
Graduates of the elite programme acquire analytical skills at a very high level. Potential future employers for elite graduates include Danish as well as international organizations, consulting firms, ministries, government agencies and financial institutions, including commercial banks, mortgage institutions, pension funds, insurance companies and investment banks.
Here you can find information about what kind of job our alumni do as their first job after graduation.
- Administrative - recommendations, preparation, representation of interests, coordination, course administration, inquiries, meetings, follow ups, presentations, reporting and supporting other departments;
- Analysis - handling of data, data extraction, data validation presentation of analysis, interviews, competitor analysis, market analysis, scenario analysis, cost analysis and economic analysis;
- Economy and Accounting - calculations in excel, budgeting, business cases, business intelligence, controlling, data integration, bookkeeping, forecast, environmental report, investments, accounts, economic negotiation (økonomiforhandling), financial management (økonomistyring) and risk management (risikostyring);
- Others - exam, guidance, teaching, development of artworks, trademark management, sale, service, project management, product development, optimisation, price lists, negotiation, contact to costumers, fuel hedging, IT system maintenance, master data maintenance, packing development, construction projects (anlægsprojekter), program management, communication, marketing, teaching, strategy and business development.