Computer Systems Engineering BEng
The electronic engineering industry has experienced skills shortages in recent years - the industry requires engineers with not only domain knowledge and skills but also knowledge and awareness of modern computer techniques and programming skills.
Designed to meet industry requirements, the BEng (Hons) Computer Systems Engineering is a challenging and enjoyable course that could put you in a key position in the job market. The teaching team has previous experience of working with industry and a clear vision about balancing theory with practice. The course is multidisciplinary, developing your engineering background, Digital Signal Processing (DPS) and embedded programming skills.
The course is structured in units that will allow you to gain fundamental knowledge and explore advanced computer and electronic engineering techniques. You will be able to apply these techniques to solve real-world engineering problems and develop communication and team-working skills.
Why choose this course?
- Provision of combined knowledge on both modern computer science and electrical/electronic engineering
- Development of capabilities and skills of using computer techniques to solve real-world engineering problems, in terms of analysis, design, implementation and testing, and in the sense of project management
- Opportunities for gaining hands-on experience in software and hardware toolkits that are commonly used in electrical/electronic engineering
- Teaching and learning activities supported by R&D research to ensure that emerging computing and engineering technologies are informed
- Teaching and learning supported by industry links with local and regional industry partners
- Opportunities for students to be involved in real-world R&D projects
- Development of awareness of possible equality and diversity issues in electrical/electronic engineering.
Stojant į šį universitetą dėmesys yra kreipiamas į pažymius ir Brandos atestato vidurkį, kuris turi būti ne žemesnis kaip 5 + laikytų brandos egzaminų vidurkis ne mažesis kaip 50%.
Pažymių išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs mokyklos, būtina prisegti pažymių išrašą. Smulkesnę informaciją kaip pildyti išrašą ir kada jis reikalingas, rasi čia.*
Brandos atestatas – jei jau esi baigęs mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie Kastu stojimo anketos prisegti savo Brandos atestatą.
Svarbu, jog anglų kalbos testo rezultatai universitetą pasiektų iki Liepos 31d.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
Anglų kalbos vidurkis 8 B2 lygiu.
IELTS - 6.0
TOEFL – 80
This forms a consistent thread progressing through each year with opportunities of engaging with industrial and business projects or through engagement with an employer during placement. Students will also be encouraged to engage with the Careers Development unit (Job Shop) in order to assess the skills that they possess against positions within the current market. Any skills deficiencies can then be identified and students can begin to address these in order to progress to their chosen career.
Career and further study opportunities
o Engineers in electrical/electronic industry
o Software engineers in computer software companies who develop specific software for the above industry.
MSc taught courses in Computer Science, Computer Security and Forensics, Information management and Mobile Computing, MSc by research course, MPhil, PhD