Learning to become a competent linguist who has an understanding of a wide array of topics ranging from how people learn and use language to how the brain processes language and how language and people influence each other.
Radboud University is renowned for its research and teaching in the field of linguistics. All our courses offer a nice mix of theoretical and practical knowledge: courses situate insights from linguistic and language acquisition theory within the context of everyday communication and contemporary language use.
This content is reflected in General Linguistics where you have the opportunity to develop a unique profile by specialising in your field of interest. Besides that, Radboud University offers the two content specific Master's in Language and Commuication Coaching and Taal-en spraakpathologie (Dutch).
General Linguistics, with only a few mandatory courses, gives you the most freedom to create your own programme. Due to the wide range of researcher's expertise you can study language in all its facets. For those with sufficient language proficiency, we also offer language-specific courses in Dutch, German, French and Spanish.
Language and Communication Coaching
This specialisation combines a solid theoretical basis in Language for Specific Purposes, Second Language Acquisition and Language Testing. It offers you challenging opportunities to design language courses and practise your coaching skills.
Į magistro studijų programas gali stoti visi, baigę universitetą arba besimokantys paskutiniame kurse. Studijos kurias baigei ar tebesimokai turi būti panašios krypties kaip ir tos, į kurias nori stoti, kadangi priėmimas yra paremtas ECTS kreditų suderinamumu.
- ECTS kreditų išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs aukštosios mokyklos, būtina prisegti ECTS kreditų išrašą, kuriame būtų matyti, kokius dalykus Tu mokeisi bei kokius pažymius ir kiek kreditų už juos gavai. Kai siunti anketą paskutiniame kurse, diplomą reikia prisegti vėliau, kai tik jį gausi.
- Bakalauro diplomas – jei jau esi baigęs aukštąją mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie anketos prisegti savo Bakalauro diplomą.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL – 100
A completed Bachelor's degree in Linguistics or Languages
In order to be admitted to this Master's you’ll need a completed Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics. Students with a Bachelor’s degree in a specific language such as German or Dutch, or with a Bachelor’s degree in Communication and Information Studies can also apply, provided they have taken at least 60 EC worth of courses in the field of linguistics.
Linguistics: general and language-specific
The programme in Linguistics prepares for jobs in which linguistic knowledge is applied (language policy, language testing, development of educational material, jobs in communication and publishing companies). There is a wide range of opportunities for graduates from this programme. You could work in education, in academic research, in a care institution or in ICT.
Language and Communication coaching
Graduates of the Master's specialisation Language and Communication Coaching work as:
- heads of their own business
- language and communication coaches for a language institute, communication office, teacher training programme, institute for secondary education
- advisors to an education consultancy
- developers of language tests
- policy staff members for international offices
- refresher course developers for English teachers (all levels)
- developers of learning tools (also digital) and curricula (also online) for English
- English editors, text writer (for instance websites in English) or text coach
- education quality control officers
- managers or heads of department in language institute, translation agency, etc.
- project researchers (for instance into language acquisition processes, educational efficiency, learning method, specific components of language learning processes (pronunciation, etc.)
- English language specialists or consultants working in business or for the government